Brick Township Historical Society’s Havens Homestead Museum

The Brick Township Historical Society illustrates early Brick Township history at its Havens Homestead Museum. The Museum gets its name from Curtis Havens who purchased a one room cabin and fifty-two acres from Samuel Allen in 1827. The main building along with an 1846 five room addition remained in the Havens family until 1993 when Elmer and May Havens donated the family homestead to the Brick Township Historical Society. The seven rooms of the Havens building are furnished with artifacts illustrating home life in the mid 1800s to the early 1900s in Brick Township.

In addition to the Homestead there is the c.1790 Lizzie Herbert House moved to the property in 2002, which serves as a museum store. The barn houses a display of wood working tools and farming implements. On the property along with a privy and corn crib is a cranberry shed which houses a 1900s cranberry sorting machine, another important agricultural industry in Brick Township.

Joseph Brick
Henry Clay Havens
Meetings and Programs
Visit Our Store
DID/DO You Know
 Memories of Brick
Calendar Of Events
History Of Brick
  Web Site Links
Video/Slide Show



 Become A Fan Of Brick Township Historical Society

NOTE: All Contents of this Web Site (including Photo Album) are proprietary and may not be used without written permission.
 Brick Township Historical Society
P.O. Box 160
Brick, NJ 08723